Introducing the Ziarat Fund (pilgrimage fund)
Ziarat Fund (a form of interest-free loan) was launched by Zeitoon Institute in cyberspace at the same time as Arbaein 1395, with the aim of developing the pilgrimage of Imam Hussain (P.B.U.H) in terms of quantity and quality through loans for travel to Al-Atabat Al-Aliyat (the shrines of six Shia Imams which are in four cities of Iraq, namely Najaf, Karbala, Kadhimiya and Samarra). With the help of people deposits, this fund has been enabled many people to make the pilgrimage to Karbala. In this regard, this fund is seriously and diligently trying to transfer the depositors' money to those who have not made it to the pilgrimage to Karbala due to their financial limitations.
Ziarat Fund, strives to achieve the following goals which are based on its mission, (facilitating the pilgrimage of Imam Hussain and developing its culture):
- Identifying applicants for the pilgrimage and giving them the loan
- Attracting more depositors to strengthen the fund financially
- Developing the culture of Qard al-Hasan (interest-free loans) and cooperation in society and among Shias.
- Developing the culture and knowledge of pilgrimage and focusing on the pilgrimage of Imam Hussain
This project raises funds from the sponsors in three forms:
The process is based on a formal mechanism to ensure that these funds are spent solely for the Atbat trip. Accordingly, all depositors can, with peace of mind, entrust even small amounts of money that they do not need for a while to the fund, to act in accordance with a strong religious order, and to make the hearts of the lovers of the Ahl al-Bayt (P.B.U.TH) happy, and besides, to participate in the reward of others’ pilgrimage and promotion of Shias’ name and dignity.
- Deposit amounts: 541 million Tomans
- Number of supporters: 470 people
- Number of borrowers: 640 pilgrims
- Lending amount: 960 million Tomans